söndag, november 15, 2009

The path least followed

It's funny how you always tend to think of yourself as a rebell. You know, the James Dean, the adventurer.
But then you go to the same pub or club that you always use to go to. You take the same route back home and you eat the same dish that you always do at your local restaurant.

Whatever happened to just gunning it? Just taking a shot in the dark and trying something different?
I may have tripped over myself from time to time finding this other path that was less travelled. But in doing so, the fall, the rise and the actual walking of the path gave me an experience that few others have enjoyed.

The only draw back is that I now find myself flinching when I'm asked to walk down the conventional path which is now tripping me up when I'm supposed to make what would be an easy decision. The easy path now looks awfully strange and almost frightening.
Isn't it funny how things work out and how you handle it?

Is this to say that every mans easy path is the others obstacle?
You tell me.