torsdag, september 24, 2009

Broken record

I've been down this road a few times now, but it still doesn't get old.
I'm so tired of the way media angle the news.
Recently there has been a murder case here in Sweden where a husband first goes on a TV show "Swedens most wanted" asking for clues about his missing wife and then turns out to be a suspect.
He is now being questioned for the murder, nothing else.

But everything in the media is now angled to him being guilty.....BEFORE there has even been a trial.
It just ticks me off that we have these microwave trials. 2 minutes, done. No need to check facts. No concern for integrity. Just sell papers and air time.

I'm not defending the guy, but I'm not judging him on some witch hunt tabloid's hunch.
If we start doing that, we'll have a lot of drowned people who won't take an: Ooops, sorry, for an answer.