torsdag, september 09, 2010

Should I give up?

This song has really stuck and I very much enjoy it.
But being the way I am with music, I rarely listen to the lyrics, it's the beat and the voice as an instrument. Listen to it and continue below the video.

-Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing pavements.

The two words that stuck are give and up. On my way home from practice in the autumn cool night on my bike, dead tired, I started to think about that term, giving up.
And to this day, that is one thing that I very much despise. Whatever it is, if you have a breath in your body and a chance to make it, you have to go for it.
In my mind, if you give up, you might as well cash in your chips and be on your way.
The only two things I've found to be bad with this way of thinking is that sometimes I'm too persistant and that I find myself most of the times wanting to have the last word.
But I guess that's my cross to bear and I'd rather carry that cross than not be in the game anymore.
The funny thing is that today, after my bike ride, I opened a note from a friend which read a positive attribute about me. And I swear that I hadn't read it before the thought popped into my mind, but it said: You're brave and fighter. You don't give up.
In the words of the jolly sailor Pop-eye: I am what I am.

And I am not a quitter. Once more into the breach dear friends.