fredag, juni 29, 2007

No good deed goes unpunished.

Yup, Angel said it. And it pretty much sums up me I'm afraid.
I'm looking for that narrow and VERY steep path of righteousness but every searchparty turns into a platoon at the O.K Corall holding fort. Doing right was never easy - just ask Jesus.
Sometimes I wish I was by his side (Angel that is, not Jesus). But then I realize that no matter where you go, problems will be there. That's probobly why songs like Ahmad's "Back in the days" and Wu-tang's "Can it be all so simple" about the way it was when you were young aren't the only songs about wishing you were a teen again. You had problems, but they weren't the same.

I'm not sure what I really want. But I'm gonna follow my buddy Angels advice again.
-Don't ever do nothing out of anger boy.
(I know it's not the fucking queens proper english, but hey, you know what it means)

Today I was pushed/forced into doing something that I really didn't wanna do and the lack of understanding for my unease didn't really help.
At least now, I will never ever mock someone on TV who is scared stiff when asked to bungy-jump. We all have our limits, and I reached mine.
I just wanna say that there was no mailice involved but that still doens't change fact.

Good thing I have a rational way to deal with adversity........yeah, hm hm.

Since we're a bit after midnight, it's time for the top 5 of soft songs right now.

1) Imogen heap - Hide and seek
2) Omar - I wanna be free
3) John Legend - Ordinary people
4) Devin the dude - Treatin' me cold
5) Oasis - Live forever

There is a live version of Eminem's "Stan" with Elton John, but the song is a bit worn out by now. Anyways, I'll hook you guys up cos that's the way I am. Oh, btw, if you do check it out, listen to the piano-play in the 3rd verse....AWESOME!


To round this "glorious" night off I'll fall asleep with the notion that if I'm lucky I'll wake up tomorrow and have a chance to do it all over again........with less talk and more booze.

Nite ya'll.

Ps. Anyone who can figure out who Angel is, I'll buy a beer. Ds.