lördag, mars 06, 2010

The ups and downs

it's the rollercoaster that sets us apart.
The way you fly high on a bump and the way you plummet to another world that isn't even your own.
I experienced this just a few weeks ago.
I was flying high on a "bump" in life and everything was gravy. You couldn't touch me with a flyswatter or a wreckingball.
But with just a few words I was brought back down to earth in a hurry.
I've always been a keeper of my friends. If I can, I will do the above and beyond to keep my friends safe and help them in which ever way I can.
This time however, I was left without a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of.....and it left me very much not at ease. I emmediatley started thinking of "Alabama".

The feeling of not being able to affect a situation got to me and the seriousness in which my friend told me what he was up against made it even worse.
Helplessness is a situation you don't want to be in, even if it's on the helping end.
Now, all I can do is accept, be positive and pray. And since I'm not religious, that pretty much narrows it down to two.
However, that is also my peace of mind....that I can't adjust it or make a differnce - just accept it. So I guess the words:
-The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.
-I believe the second part.
They seem ever so true at the moment.

This makes me relish the fact that I live where I do and am not in the direct line of a bullet.
Geez, my biggest obstacle is a delayed train or a shop that closed early.
Man, what a secluded world we live in.

Vaya con dios amigo. See you soon.