söndag, mars 14, 2010

Does anybody remember laughter?

No, I'm not trying to be a wiseass, it's just a Led Zeppelin reference from their eminent song "Stairway to heaven" (where do you buy a stairway to heaven by the way)
But if you youtube the song and listen to it, you will realize that it is one of the finest musical pieces ever made.
Jimmy Page lets go on that guitar for a good 2-3 minutes and it's just awesome. And Robert Plant....don't get me started.
I know it's been said, accoladed and lifted to the sky to be mentioned as one of the greatest songs of all time.
But that's not why I like it.
I like it because of all the aforementioned words but also because of what the words in the song say.

And what I want to get back to is the words "does anyboyd remember laughter?"
Because those words ring true in our so called day and age. It's become more proper and "correct" to not show even a remote symbolism of happiness anymore.
The cold, unaffected stoneface is what you're supposed to be.
This in some way makes me very unhappy. Why is a frown more revered than a smile?
I can recall at least 3-4 times this evening that I smiled for what would seem as "no reason".
Did I do something wrong?
Please tell me that I just caught a bad batch of people who didn't enjoy life and the joy of just being there.

Right now I was caught reminiscing a few moments from last night and I smiled.
I know I'm being a high horse rider here, but don't let the world of unhappy people put your mind in a dark place.
Just enjoy another day, all right?

If this text has no relevance to where you live at the moment, please let me know where you live, because I really would like to live in a place where people wake up and smile and don't frown upon every little thing that goes wrong.
And to end it off, I'll leave you with what is my epithet - a movie quote:
-Life's too short to be pissed off all the time.

G'nite y'all