söndag, januari 02, 2011

Surfin' time!

Sticky, sticky, sticky.
I've never been in a place with a 100% humidity. It sure is something else. You shower, feel fresh and then start sweating again after 5 minutes. I've found that cool beverages of all kinds helps a lot.
My first day here I found this a bit annoying (not the beverage part) but I soon got over it by remembering the alternative, a snowy -15 degree day.
Since my host had to work the first two days I was here, his father graciously offered to show me the city, which was a real treat.
The first day by car, the second by boat. And there were sights on that ferry ride were very nice. Very cool mix between old and new architecture.

New years was heaps of fun. We did some house party jumping, meeting lots of people and or course I was spreading the good name of Sweden to all and any willing to listen.
Apart from one not so hospitable host, everyone was very friendly and welcomed the traveler from the other side of the planet very gracefully.
New years day was the exact opposite. This due to the fact that it rained the whole day. Perfect day for chilling, pizza delivery and movies.

Next stop, Surfer's paradise. To be continued.

(Off topic)
I'm starting to question that Australians originate from England. Don't tell anyone, but I think it's an alien conspiracy.

2 Comments:

At 8:56 fm, Blogger Unknown said...

Tell us more about the "not so hospitable host"!

 
At 7:37 em, Blogger Martin said...

Sjalvklart kan jag beratta om det, men da vill jag ocksa stalla fragan varfor just det av allt jag skrivit, fangade ditt oga?
Well, this was just a case of feeling unwanted. He brushed me off when I asked where to put my brews. It was a bit of a hassle for him to set it up and he spoke in 2 word phrases when talked to.

Me, I say hell, fucking, yeah (just so it's a 3 word deal, not 2 ^^)

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home