fredag, juli 30, 2010

Go home!

This song made me think.
This whole thing with hostility towards imigrants is nothing new. There are two basic drives within humans that will make this a never ending fact.
First off, the phrase "we were here first" will not be eradicated.
Second, our instict to move, to seek new things will most likely never change.
And then you add our inability to resolve conflicts peacefully. I don't think there is any other creature on this earth that kills itself the way humans do.

So right there you have the core of the problem.
No, I'm not trying to be a smart ass or a dooms day prophet. I'm just laying out the facts.
The solution is for people to buy in to what we are and how we can co-exist.
However, reaching out to, what is it 5 or 6 BILLION people and especially the narrow minded ones is, to say the least, an uphill task.
So I can't tell you or anyone else how this is going to work. Right now I think religion, greed and ignorance is winning, but to give up - never.

It will all come down to which of the two that will win. Our ability for compassion or our ability to destroy ourselves. Right now, it's pretty much a one horse race I'm afraid.